Homesick: The Saddest Day

Saturday, May 7, 2011

 I watched some of my friends graduate last night.
I'll have to admit, even though graduation ceremonies are
extremely boring, I did get
a little emotional about it all.
 So now that the seniors are graduating...and every one is
moving out of their apartments and going
home for the summer...
you can imagine how family-ridden campus is.
Dads and Moms and Brothers and Sisters and stupid dogs
every where...helping out and celebrating with their kids.
 Cute, right? 
Well fuck that.
My dad and brother are in Virginia
and I'm homesick as hell and stuck here alone.
I thought a nice bike ride may help...
but I only raged at families the whole time.
 When they would notice my hell fire eyes, I'd switch it up
as to not cause permanent emotional damage to them.
 Some students were spending their
last day at their apartment or house
outside on their porch drinking beer and reminiscing...
I did not approve.
 Ugh...I decided to stop and get a 6-pack on the way home.
Maybe a cold beer would take the edge off.
I parked my bike outside the liquor store and 
brought a 6er of Blue Moon up to Jafar at the register.
Homeward bound...
the moms and dads thought I was a
 REAL HOOT.
 A few brews later...I felt like rounding up 
friends who were still in town and 
all was well.
Someday this behavior will no longer be acceptable...
but for now...
cheers!
Edit: True Story.

No comments: